What is cPanel?
What is in this cPanel Guide?
Why this cPanel guide?
Table of Contents
cPanel Basic Functionality
- How to login to cPanel
- Getting familiar with cPanel interface
- How to change cPanel password
- Updating cPanel contact information
- How to change language settings in cPanel
- How to change themes/style in cPanel
- How to reset cPanel password
- User Management in cPanel
- Using Pushbullet notification in cPanel
Managing File in cPanel
- How To Use File Manager in cPanel
- Creating a Secret (Password Protected) Directory in cPanel
- Processing Image in cPanel
- Using Web Disk in cPanel
- Using FTP in cPanel
- Backup in cPanel
- Using Git in cPanel
- Monitoring Disk Usage in cPanel
Managing Database in cPanel
Managing MySQL Database in cPanel
- How to create MySQL database in cPanel
- How to check MySQL version in cPanel
- How to access MySQL remotely in cPanel
- How to backup MySQL database in cPanel
- How to import and export MySQL database in cPanel
- How to use phpMyAdmin in cPanel
Managing PostgreSQL Database in cPanel
- How To Create PostgreSQL Database in cPanel
- How To Use phpPgAdmin in cPanel
Managing Domain in cPanel
- How to create subdomains in cPanel
- Addon domains in cPanel
- Domain Alias in cPanel
- Redirect in cPanel
- Using Zone Editor in cPanel
Managing Email in cPanel
Checking Metrics and Logs in cPanel
- How To Check No of Visitors in cPanel
- How To Check Error in cPanel
- How To Check Bandwidth Usage in cPanel
- Checking Log in cPanel
- Using Awstats in cPanel
- Resource Usage Monitoring in cPanel
Managing Security in cPanel
- How To Use SSH in cPanel
- How To Enable 2FA / MFA in cPanel
- Managing API Token in cPanel
- Managing IP Blocker in cPanel
- Hotlink Protection in cPanel
- Leeching Protection in cPanel
- SSL/TLS in cPanel : A Complete Tutorial
Software in cPanel
- How To Change PHP Version in cPanel
- PEAR in cPanel
- Perl Modules in cPanel
- How To Setup Python App in cPanel
- How To Setup Node.js App in cPanel
- How To Setup Ruby App in cPanel
cPanel Advanced Functionality
- How To Use Cron jobs in cPanel
- Tracking DNS in cPanel
- How To Lookup Domain And Traceroute in cPanel
- Managing Directory Index in cPanel
- How To Create Custom Error Pages in cPanel
- How To Configure Apache Handlers in cPanel
- How To Setup MIME Types in cPanel
- How To Scan Virus in cPanel
Web Application / Scripts Installation With Softaculous
- Install Blogs in cPanel Using Softaculous
- Install Microblogs in cPanel Using Softaculous
- Install Portals/CMS in cPanel Using Softaculous
cPanel Commonly Asked Questions
No. cPanel is not free, you have to pay for cpanel license. You can read the detail on cPanel pricing page.
No. cPanel is closed source.
You can upload your website files to
public_html directory under your home directory. If you’re managing file using cPanel File Manager or FTP client you already on your home directory.
Your home directory is usually at
You can put index.html on
No. WordPress doesn’t have cPanel but WordPress have admin panel. usually located in
/wp-admin/ under the domain where WordPress installed.
We can install WordPress via cPanel both manually or using script installer like Softaculous.
Yes. Siteground have cPanel on its shared hosting offering.
Yes. Bluehost have cPanel.
To login to your cPanel on Bluehost you can
1. Log in to your Bluehost account.
2. Click the Advanced tab from the side navigation menu to the left.
Yes. Hostinger have cPanel on its hosting offering.
No. Wix have its own panel. You can use your current cPanel account to do DNS pointing to a Wix site.
Yes, GoDaddy have cPanel on its shared hosting offering.
To access cPanel in GoDaddy you can append
/cpanel to your domain.
Alternative method to access cPanel on Godaddy is go to your GoDaddy account, Choose Web Hosting and click Manage.
Your site will still be accessible, no interruption to your site but the cPanel itself will not be accessible. You can still manage and maintain your site and your resource manually using SSH or CMS admin panel.
Yes, you can go to https://cpanel.net/products/trial/ to get trial license for cPanel